This is going to be a perpetual (ongoing) challenge, and it will start on June 30th, 2008.
The challenge is to create (and read) a list of books you’ve always heard people rave about and thought you should read yourself…but always put off reading “until later”.
Now is the time to get those books read!
HERE’S HOW TO PLAY:
- You can choose books that you’ve recently heard of IF a bunch of people are raving about how good they are and how everyone should read them.
- Your list has to have at least 3 books on it. Of course, you can make it much longer than just 3 books. But, you could also just read 3. That’s up to you.
- Yes, your list of books can overlap with other challenges.
- There are no limitations on genre… books can be fiction, nonfiction, religious, secular, etc.
- Audiobooks and E-books are allowed
- Your list can change at any time, but the books you add still have to be “raved about” reads
- You do not have to physically own the books on your list — you can add books that you’re going to borrow/buy, too! (I sure have/am!) 🙂
- You can count ONE book from your list that you finished before the start date of June 30, 2008
- You can continue to add to your list as time goes on (since the challenge is perpetual/ongoing), but the books you add still have to be “raved-about”, as per the other rules
- You can join the challenge any time, even if it’s past June 30/08. Just leave a comment on this post (see below for “sign up” instructions)
- Feel free to share how you’re doing with the challenge on the Finished Books page! Just leave a comment there, after the start of the challenge, telling us how you’re progressing (or struggling). 😉
- There is a Yahoo! Group created for this group — feel free to join, and talk with other challenge participants about how you’re doing on your list! You do not have to join the group to be part of the challenge, but it makes sharing about your challenge progress a lot easier. 😉
((There may, or may not, be more rules coming. 😉 Stay tuned!))
Also, there are BUTTONS for your use available on the “About” page.
To sign up: Please leave me a comment with a link to where your list will be, and then I’ll link to you in a list in the sidebar!